- Dear Doug,
- The manuscript is under review by my commissioning editor Tanya. Once it is done, I will get back to you with the updates.
- Many thanks, Catherine
- From: Doug White  Sent: 19 May 2017 21:13
To: Joseph, Catherine - India <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Transferred from Silvy:
We have the complete manuscript with 33 chapters in it. Initial assessment is done. I am currently working on the Log and will get back to you with my queries in another couple of days.
- out of office (from 29th April to 7th May).
It is possible to make the changes at this stage. There are two options for the contributor to consider,
1. If there are very minor changes to be made, it can be done once after proofreading.
2. If the changes are considerable then it can be done now. You can go ahead and ask the contributor to make changes and resend the revised chapter at the earliest.
Hope this helps.
5/3/17 to Catherine and Tanya
"That’s really great to hear that the book is complete. I will leave it in Silvy’s capable hands for the manuscript assessment and to prepare it for production. I do have access to the dropbox so I will take a look there" :From Tanya
"From Silvy (on maternity leave):" ... Catherine Joseph, another very capable project editor, who I have CC’d into this email. She will now be your primary point of contact until the work is in production.
From Catherine: "During my assessment I observed that the number of figures contracted is 50 but the total number of figures submitted is 84 along with 119 tables. Could you please let me know if any of these could afford to be cut from the content?"
Tanya: "Please do not edit anything just yet. I am wary of removing whole chapters as I appreciate your opinion and editorialship that all chapters will positively help sales. Please let me look through the manuscript in full myself, in addition to my continuing discussions with our Production department and I will come back to you, hopefully later on today."
Doug: Following Catherine's assessment, Tanya, if you've had a chance for discussions with Production, and to check out the manuscript, then it seems time for me to make an assessment of which chapters to reduce, by about 1/3rd or 1/quarter, and send my selection of preferred chapter titles to review for comparison to your own selection. Then we will have a smaller number of chapters to fit the constraints noted by you, Catherine, and we can send you, Tanya, our conclusions.
4/20/17 11:26 PM, Joseph, Catherine
Joe, could we please allow the larger number of figures and tables than contracted ? I think that would have a positive effect on subscribers!
- Thanks, Doug
- On 4/20/17 4:53 AM, Joseph, Catherine - India wrote:
- Dear Dr White,
- During my assessment I observed that the number of figures contracted is 50 but the total number of figures submitted is 84 along with 119 tables. Could you please let me know if any of these could afford to be cut from the content?
- Looking forward for your reply.
- Many thanks,
4/19/17 11:26 PM, Joseph, Catherine- India wrote:
Dear Dr White, We have the complete manuscript with 33 chapters in it. Initial assessment is done. I am currently working on the Log and will get back to you with my queries in another couple of days. Thank you very much. Best, Catherine
Dear Dr White,
Thank you for your email.
I received chapter 33 from Joe and added it to the original manuscript. I have sent the complete manuscript to our technical team for initial assessment and then I will be assessing the content and preparing it for handover to the production. This process includes making sure that all elements of the manuscript are present and checking each chapter to ensure that there is no copyright material that hasn’t already been identified.
Looking forward working with you.
Ms. Catherine Joseph
Knowledge and learning
Tel: 91 (0)44 4392 8300 Extn: 647
2017 Joe White
Dear Doug, (April 12)
- Thank you for your email. I’m happy to see that the work is in good shape and coming along nicely.
- I am confirming receipt of the 37 or so chapters, however, the submittal of the manuscript will be of most interest to your project editor, Catherine Joseph.
- Silvy is now on maternity leave following the birth of her child, and her titles have been passed over to Catherine Joseph, another very capable project editor, who I have CC’d into this email. She will now be your primary point of contact until the work is in production.
- Please accept my apologise if you were never introduced to Catherine.
- With all best wishes,
- Joe Joe White
Dear Doug, These 34 chapters in the first instance are to be seen by the Project Editor, Silvy. With all best wishes, Joe 09 still needs updating
- Silvy Achankunju maternity leave --> Catherine Nancy Joseph
- I'll be away from mid-thursday to March 15 (Wed) 2017 -- Could you please confirm that whether any changes are there in any chapter except Ch 01, 09 & 34 which you have sent on 02nd March, 2017? If there is no changes, kindly don’t send the chapters again as it creates confusion.
Also, I would like to remind you that from now on Catherine Nancy Joseph (copied in to Catherine Joseph) will be taking care of your titles and so kindly send emails to her regarding your project. March 8th -- (to Scott's) email@example.com
- Silvy: 2017 dropbox - Could you please let me know whether you have checked the drop box link which I have sent to check we are working on the same final versions of chapter?
- March 2017 - Dear Dr. White,
Hope you are doing good. I am Catherine Joseph and I will be handing your project henceforth since Silvy has taken her maternity off. Please feel free to contact me if there are any queries I can help you with. Many thanks, Catherine Ms. Catherine Joseph Project Editor Knowledge and learning Tel: 91 (0)44 4392 8300 Extn: 647 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org