EduMod 2: polygyny Imputation and Regression
EduMod Author(s): User:Douglas R. White: polygyny as dependent variables
- SCCS index of variables
- 860. Cultural Basis of Polygyny
- -3 . = Missing data
- 27 1 = Monogamy prescribed
- 32 2 = Monogamy preferred, but exceptional cases of polygyny
- 45 3 = Polygyny preferred by individual men with leadership attributes (chiefs, medicine men, outstanding hunters)
- 33 4 = Polygyny preferred by men of a higher social class: men of wealth, rank, nobility, etc.
- 46 5 = Polygyny preferred by most men, and attained by most men of sufficient years or wealth to obtain wives. Thus: (a) older men usually have more wives; (b) polygyny is generally based on the accumulation of wealth; and (c) extra wives are an economic asset in terms of labor.