- [http://catalog.flatworldknowledge.com/catalog/editions/705?mktg=em&book=gis&camp=EMPBFall2012&spMailingID=4796931&spUserID=MjA4NjA2MjkzNAS2&spJobID=53235162&spReportId=NTMyMzUxNjIS1 Essentials of GIS 2012 (modifiable)
- Gregory H. March (2011) Surveying Campus GIS and GPS Users to Determine Role and Level of Library Services, Journal of Map & Geography Libraries: Advances in Geospatial Information, Collections & Archives, 7:2, 154-183.
- This survey was created by The University of Tennessee (UT) Libraries to assess the need for providing geographic information system (GIS) and global positioning system (GPS) services to the UT Knoxville, community. In the past few years, the UT Libraries have seen an increase in the number of students and faculty who need help with GIS-related technologies (GIS and GPS). To meet these needs, the library has expanded virtual training and begun to collaborate with other departments on campus to assist users with GIS needs. This survey attempts to answer the question: Where does the library fit into campus GIS-related services? Graduate students and faculty who participated in the survey agreed that the library should play a central role in offering GIS-related services. However, the survey results show that there is not enough training available with GIS-related technologies on campus. If the library is to play a central role, then additional resources should be considered to support GIS-related services in the library and across campus.
- GIS or geographic information sites include
ArcWeb services - e.g. get Builder to import DBF
http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/ World Wind
http://grass.itc.it/ GRASS Geographic Resources Analysis Support System
http://earth.google.com/ Google Earth
Univ Calif sites
• ESRI Virtual Campus On-line self-paced GIS training is available to UCI faculty, staff and students through the ESRI Virtual Campus. You can view the list of courses at http://campus.esri.com. To request access to class(es), send an e- mail to email@example.com. Indicate the name of the class(es), your e-mail address, and phone number. You will receive an e-mail from ERSI with a password and instructions regarding how to access the class(es). • Geography Network A network of government and commercial data providers that can be used to access geographic content. The site is maintained by ESRI. • GIS.com A portal to GIS information intended to educate anyone interested in geographic technology and its uses. Contains good definitions and examples of data types and models as well as links to data sites. • Guide for Geocoding Address Data and Census Mapping • Guide for Mapping Census Data with GIS Written by Joy Suh from George Mason University 2004. ESRI news source
Open Source Python GIS
This message contains graphics. If you do not see the graphics, click here to view. Flat World Knowledge
Campbell and Shin Essentials of Geographic Information Systems
- From the melting of the polar ice caps to privacy issues associated with mapping, this text provides a gentle, yet substantive, introduction to the use and application of digital maps, mapping and GIS.
Looking for a book for another course? Check out our catalog and learn more about us.
Check It Out »
Facebook Twitter Google+
Got a Question? Contact a Rep
. © 2012 Flat World Knowledge, Inc. | One Bridge Street, Suite 105, Irvington, New York, 10533 | 877-257-9243