Pajek Network Analysis wiki
Video and Visualization
Photosynth demo synthesis of visual images
- Compendium Collectively elicit, organize and validate information
- EthnoAtlas Make and analyze tables based on the cross-cultural standard sample.
- FieldMap Map based data collection and information access tool for field sciences.
- Grass Geographic Information System
- HyperEngine-AV Video editing software
- ImageInterviewer (AKA AudioNote) assists photo-elicitation interviewing and management of interviews
- Kinship Editor The KinshipEditor program is a simple editor for entering genealogical data in the form of a fairly traditional kinship diagram.
- KNeTs An interactive interview tool for creating knowledge-based models
- Mage 3D display program - can be used for network data
- MAGpie Creating closed captions and audio (video) descriptions
- NetDraw A program for drawing networks
- Pajek Program for Large Network Analysis
- PGraph Kinship network analysis
- R Integrated suite of tools for statistical data analysis
- Sample Size Calculator determine how many people you need to interview in order to get results that reflect the target population as precisely as needed. You can also find the level of precision you have in an existing sample.
- Sampling from Small Populations An excel spreadsheet that assists in calculating sample sizes for small populations
- SocNetV Social network analysis
- SoNIA Visualizing dynamic or longitudinal network data
- Transana Transcription and qualitative analysis of audio and video data
- [[UCINET Analysis of social network data]]
- VideoGrok Divide one or more videos into segments kept in a transcript, add metadata to each segment and perform searches on segments using free-text or meta data. A transcript or search can be saved as a standalone movie including origin and meta data.
- Weft QDA Code/Retrieve/Search qualitative data analysis software
http://anthromethods.net/amwiki/AnthroMethods/AnthroMethods.html Register to add pages Ethnoecology Research Methods Annotated Bibliography http://anthromethods.net/amwiki/AnthroMethods/Contents/89.html Fieldnotes: Coding using CSAC Context Codes http://anthromethods.net/amwiki/AnthroMethods/Contents/22.html
Here's another statistical package, emphasizing vizualization and discovery: http://www.jmp.com/ (it has fairly good academic discount pricing and develops out of SAS) but our advice is to stick with and Python.