NSF Proposal 2009
Dynamics of Coupled Natural and Human Systems
- http://www.nescent.org/index.php NESCent]: National Evolutionary Synthesis Center
NSF Proposal 2010
Southwood, T. Richard E., Robert M. May,, and George Sugihara. 2006. Observations on related ecological exponents PNAS vol. 103 no. 18 6931-6933
- refs to three other articles!
- Vitt, Laurie J., and Eric R. Pianka. 2005 Deep history impacts present-day ecology and biodiversity PNAS vol. 102 no. 22 7877-7881
Binford, L.R. (2001) Constructing frames of reference: An analytical method for archaeological theory building using hunter-gatherer and environmental data sets, University of California Press. UCSD SSH 8th Floor Oversize GN388 .B56 2001
Marlowe, F.W. (2007) Hunting and Gathering: The Human Sexual Division of Foraging Labor. Current Anthropology, 45, 277-284.
Hamilton, Marcus J., Bruce T. Milne, Robert S. Walker, and James H. Brown. 2007. Nonlinear scaling of space use in human hunter–gatherers PNAS vol. 104 no. 11 4765-4769.
Hamilton, Marcus J., Oskar Burger, John P. DeLong, Robert S. Walker, Melanie E. Moses and James H. Brown. 2009. Population stability, cooperation, and the invasibility of the human species PNAS vol. 106 no. 30 12255-12260.
Hamilton, Marcus J.,Hamilton Marcus J; Milne Bruce T; Walker Robert S; Burger Oskar; Brown James H. 2007 The complex structure of hunter-gatherer social networks. Proceedings. Biological sciences / The Royal Society 2007;274(1622):2195-2202. http://www.biomedexperts.com/Abstract.bme/17609186/The_complex_structure_of_hunter-gatherer_social_networks
Walker, R.S. and M.J. Hamilton (2008). Life history consequences of density-dependence and the evolution of human body sizes. Current Anthropology Hamilton, Marcus J. 2008, Curr Anth
Petraglia, Michael, et al. (16 authors) 2009 Population increase and environmental deterioration correspond with microlithic innovations in South Asia ca. 35,000 years ago PNAS vol. 106 no. 30 12261-12266
Kenneth L. McNally, Kevin L. Child, Regina Bohnert. 2009. Genomewide SNP variation reveals relationships among landraces and ...Genomewide SNP variation reveals relationships among landraces and modern varieties of rice. PNAS 106 No. 30:12273-
Hua Liu, Franck Prugnolle, Andrea Manica, and François Balloux. 2006. A Geographically Explicit Genetic Model of Worldwide Human-Settlement History Am J Hum Genet. 2006 August; 79(2): 230–237.
Dear Paula and Doug -
Attached are the guidelines for the proposal you are submitting, due November 17, 2009, as well as a sample proposal - summary and project description. Although the sample is not for the CNH program, it should still give you a guide as to the general structure and contents of an NSF proposal.
Here is the link for the CNH Program which includes links to abstracts of proposals funded under this program: http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=13681&org=NSF&sel_org=NSF&from=fund
Please let me know if you have any questions. I'm happy to review drafts anytime. Della will contact you eventually about your biosketches and current and pending support.
- MOD: Modeling the Dynamics of Technological Evolution program for the example
- Deborah Winslow
- Imputing the data#Eff and Dow
- Doug White (Cross-cultural causality in relation to ecology, Imputation, IV regression, GIS)
- Laura Fortunato's Ethnographic Database Project
- Jon Wilkins (Coalescent ancestral reconstruction, ecology, population density)
- Jessica Dunne Ecology advisor
- Zeev Maoz (International relations)
- Stefan Thurner forms of eEntropy
- Henry Wright (Paleoecology and archaeology Ecology, time series) Wright Refs. 2009
- John Harte Entropy (ecology)
- Samuel Bowles Pleistocene population growth, cooperation and conflict)
- Peter Turchin (Historical dynamics of empires, sociopolitical instability)
- Geoffrey B. West Entropy (biological scaling, ecology, cities)*Daniel Hruschka (Cross-cultural use of eHRAF index codes)
- Jessika Trancik (Evo. of technology, use of comparative data)
- Erika Jen (Indices of sustainability, dynamics)
- Jeremy Sabloff Maya
- Paula Sabloff Mongolia
- Tim A. Kohler Pueblo
- Sander van der Leeuw Europe, including Rome
- Guillermo Algaze Early Mesopotamian urban systems ?*[]
References for Databases
- Technology database Bela Nagy
- http://www.isrl.illinois.edu/~amag/langev/cited2/grimesethnologuelanguagesoftheworld.html Ethnologue: World Languages] (Summer Institute of Linguistics)