SCCS societies - books in UCI library - Booksellers
Here is a link to the online subscription to Ethnology. Volume 13 is 1974: http://roger.ucsd.edu:80/record=b2717474~S2
UCSD does not have access to Cross-Cultural Research, volume 17, as our subscription starts from volume 27 to present. You could request an interlibrary loan if you have a specific article you need by using this form: http://libraries.ucsd.edu/services/requesting/request-for-book-or-journal-article.html
If you are a UCI student, you may need to request the article from UCI directly: http://www.lib.uci.edu/services/ill/interlibrary-loan.html
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions. Thank you for using our Ask a Librarian service.
You actually touched upon all possibilities. The software updates by these vendor/suppliers of the resources often cause problems which are resolved easily if update your VPN access once again for the eee site, http://www.lib.uci.edu/how/connect-from-off-campus.html; recently those with "Explorer' access had similar issues. In those cases where a subscription has been terminated, the best thing to do is search for the journal title in ANTPAC, and hopefully, you will be able to determine that. Otherwise, just keep asking me, even if I do not know the answer right away, I can always find out..
[Info] We BUY anthropology and other scholarly books. MAY 2012 We BUY/sell anthropology and other scholarly books. MAY 2012
NOW EXPLANDED TO INCLUDE CASES WITH Online References - and see Ethnographic Atlas
- By creating a new file you can follow the model for SCCS 1-3 and copy:
- the bibliographic entries from the SCCS ethnographic bibliography, and then add urls for sources located on the web
- the pinpointing sheet from the Standard Cross-Cultural Sample Index with the pinpointing sheets for each society, .
- SCCS 69: Garo - How to draw lineages in Pajek kinship data
- SCCS 73: Vietnam -- SCCS#73 Vietnamese – 1930: Red River Delta in Tonkin Hickey, G. C. 1964. Village in Vietnam. New Haven. Call# DS557.A5H5 <Langson Library> - thanks, User:Ypang
- SCCS#73 Coughlin, R. J. 1950. The Position of Women in Vietnam. New Haven. Call # HQ1750.5.C68 1950z <Langson Southeast Aisan> - thanks, User:Ypang
- SCCS 101: Pentecost of New Hebrides - Ih3 Pentecost -- Ih3:164 (SCCS 101) Pentecost
- SCCS 114: China - SCCS#114 Chinese – 1936: Kaihsienkung Village, Chekiang Smith, A.H. 1970. Village Life in China. Boston. Call# DS721.S66 <Langson Library> - thanks, User:Ypang
- SCCS#114 Lang, O. 1946. Chinese Family and Society. New Haven. Call # HQ668.L3 <Langson Library> - thanks, User:Ypang
- SCCS 153: Aztec Soustelle, J. 1961. Daily life of the Aztecs Call # F1218.S723 1970
Langston search example: http://antpac.lib.uci.edu/search~S7/?searchtype=X&searcharg=&searchscope=7&sortdropdown=-&SORT=AZ&extended=0&SUBMIT=Search&searchlimits=&searchorigarg=XThe+Life+of+a+South+African+Tribe
gutenberg 25,000 books download plus other search engines
Avalon Project 210,000 books