Invited speaker Social Science History Association Nov 12-15, 2009 Long Beach.
- Christopher Chase-Dunn is orgnizing a session for the social science history meetings in long beach november 12-15 on synchrony. .
- Title: Synchrony in History (Paper session -- Complete)
- Time:*Sunday, November 15: 10:15 AM-12:15 PM *Status:* approved for program *Primary Network:* Macro-Historical Dynamics
- Other Networks:* Historical Geography, States and Society
- chris chase-dunn (firstname.lastname@example.org ) -- Creator, Chair, Organizer, Discussant Synchronous East-West Urban and Empire Upsweeps? Christopher Chase-Dunn, Hiroko Inoue, Alexis Alvarez, Kirk Lawrence and James Love
- douglas white synchrony and networks: how the growth and decline.ppt how the growth and decline of cities and the rise and fall of city-size hierarchies may be related to the network structure of intercity connections.
- Later version Old world city systems and economic networks 950-1950: How the growth and decline of cities and the rise and fall of city-size hierarchies is related to the network structure of intercity connections. November 20 2009 talk, Social Dynamics and Complexity, ASU.
- turchin peter /synchrony and networks in state formation/ about the rise and fall of states and how there network interconnections may bring rise and fall sequences into synchrony
- hiroko inoue. /east asian synchrony/ (email@example.com an investigation of population and polity cycles in japan and china
- richard niemeyer (firstname.lastname@example.org - about the theory of panarchy and how the structure of network connections sometimes leads to synchronous cycles of rise and demise
Queen Mary Hotel confirmation 11042SY057805