Scott D. White
Now at SalesForce.
Former senior architect at Radar Networks, working on Semantic web construction. I'm also a PhD student at UC Irvine, advised by Padhraic Smyth. I have worked as an applied scientist at Amazon and Yahoo!. I've also worked as well as a manager, consultant, and software engineer in the areas of bioinformatics, military simulation, derivatives arbitrage, and credit card scoring.
Former principal scientist at Visible Technologies designing new ways to make sense of the billions of conversations happening on the web. I also provide consulting services around data analytics and intelligent systems
- S. White, P.Smyth, Algorithms for Discovering Relative Importance In Graphs. KDD, Washington D.C., 2003.
- S. White, P.Smyth, Algorithms for Estimating Relative Importance In Networks. Journal of Intelligence Community Research and Development, 2004.
- Joshua O'Madadhain, Danyel Fisher, Scott White, and Yan-Biao Boey. The JUNG Framework. Technical Report UCI-ICS 03-17.
- Scott White, Padhraic Smyth, Markov Chain Algorithms for Determining Relative Importance in a Graph, Technical Report UCI-ICS 04-25.
- S. White, P. Smyth; A Spectral Clustering Approach To Finding Communities in Graphs. SIAM Data Mining Conference, 2005.
- Joshua O'Madadhain, Danyel Fisher, Padhraic Smyth, Scott White, and Yan-Biao Boey. Analysis and Visualization of Network Data Using JUNG.
- Douglas R. White, Natasa Kejzar, Constantino Tsallis, Doyne Farmer, Scott White. A Generative Model For Feedback Networks. Physical Review E 016119 2006 Final paper in pdf as SFI working paper.