Selection of post-1965 Ethnographies
- 56A Robert H. Layton. 2000. Anthropology and history in Franche Comté: a critique of social theory. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Fieldwork 1970, 1995: Rural France. Amazon: used from $109.99
Candidates: 1966-2010 ethnographies with no 1945-1965 SCCS representatives
- --A? (Gwembe Tonga) Colson, Elizabeth. 1971b. The Social Consequences of Resettlement. Manchester. (drw)
- --- 1979. In Good Years and Bad: Food Strategies of Self-Reliant Societies. Journal of Anthropological Research 35:18-29. (drw)
- --- 1980. The Resilience of Matrilineality: Gwembe and Plateau Tonga Adaptations. The Versatility of Kinship, ed. Linda S. Corbell, pp. 359-374. New York: Academic Press. :GN487 V47
- Scudder, Thayer. 1962. The Ecology of the Gwembe Tonga. Manchester. GN424 S3
- --- 1984a. Economic Downturn and Community Unraveling: The Gwembe Tonga Revisited. In Culture and Agriculture, 18 (Newsletter of the Anthropology Study Group on Agrarian Systems).
- --- 1985. A history of development in the twentieth century: The Zambian portion of the middle Zambezi valley and the Lake Kariba basin. Clark University and the Institute for Development Anthropology. (drw)
- Scudder, Thayer, and Elizabeth Colson. 1979. Long Term Research in Gwembe Valley, Zambia. Long-Term Field Research in Social Anthropology, ed. G. M. Foster, E. Colson, T. Scudder, R. V. Kemper, pp. 227-254. New York. GN345 L66
- --- 1991. Long-Term Research in Gwembe Valley, Zambia. Paper given at AAA for update of volume above. (drw) 1980. Secondary education and the formation of an elite: The impact of education on Gwembe District, Zambia. London. :LA1599 G87 S38
- Colson, Elizabeth, and Thayer Scudder. 1988. For Prayer and Profit: The Ritual, Economic, and Social Importance of Beer in Gwembe District, Zambia, 1950-1982. Stanford: Stanford University Press. DT963.42 C65
- 47A (Turkey) Douglas R. White & Ulla Johansen. 2006 Paper. Network Analysis and Ethnographic Problems: Process Models of a Turkish Nomad Clan. Boston: Lexington Press. Owned by Doug 12:55, 17 July 2010 (PDT)
- These are nomads, largely outside the state system, main choice (Turks 1950) are agriculturalists.
- 59A (Punjab) Murray J. Leaf. 1972. Information and Behavior in a Sikh Village: Social Organization Reconsidered. Owned by Doug 12:02, 17 July 2010 (PDT)
- Competes with Punjabi SCCS 59 (Indus Valley) represented by 1950 village of Mohla, but Leaf's group are Sikh.
- Secondary: Leaf 1971, 1974, 1984, 2000, 2006.
- Secondary: Izmerlian, Harry. 1979. The Politics of Passion: Structure and Strategy in Sikh Society. Columbia, Mo.: South Asia Books.
- 60A (Southeast India) Epstein, T. Scarlett. 1967. Economic Development and Social Change in South India. Manchester: Manchester University Press.
- 61A (Southwest India) David West Rudner. 1994. Caste and Capitalism in Colonial India: The Nattukottai Chettiars. Berkeley · Los Angeles · Oxford. UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA PRESS. E-Books Collection.
- Nakarattar kin terms 31c. acci makal oZD
- Caste and Capitalism in Colonial India" http://iimk.ac.in/gsdl/cgi-bin/library?e=d-000-00---0sociol--00-0-0--0prompt-10---4------0-1l--1-en-50---20-about---00031-001-1-0utfZz-8-00&cl=CL2&d=HASH322bad8064c4bf17402365.7>=1
- Review of "Caste and Capitalism in Colonial India"
- Merchant bankers
- 8- (Phillipines) Pertierra, Raul. 1988. Religion, Politics, and Rationality in a Philippine Community. Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press. Goodreads 5901989 Open Library OL2042133M Owned by Doug 12:55, 17 July 2010 (PDT)
- 9- (... New Guinea) Rappaport, Roy A. 1984, Second Edition. Pigs for the Ancestors: Ritual in the Ecology of a New Guinea People.
- 9- (... New Guinea) Brenda Johnson Clay. Other Times, Other Places: Agency and the Big Man in Central New Ireland. Man, New Series, Vol. 27, No. 4 (Dec., 1992), pp. 719-733.
- Brenda Johnson Clay. Pinikindu: Maternal Nurture, Paternal Substance.
- Bettison, David G. 1977-1978. Review of Pinikindu: Maternal Nurture, Paternal Substance, by Brenda J. Clay. Pacific Affairs 50 (4): 742-743.
Ruled out: competing SCCS ethnographies in the 1945-1965 period
- Beckerman, Stephen. 1987?
- Feinberg, Richard.
- Lansing (was Bali, 1958, Geertz)
- Bailey 1960
- Barth 1959
- Johnson, D. David, Timothy A. Kohler, and Jason Cowan. 2005. Modeling Historical Ecology, Thinking about Contemporary Systems. American Anthropologist 107:96-108.
- Rescher, Nicholas. 1962. The Revolt against Process. Journal of Philosophy 15:410-417.
- Roscoe, Paul B. 1995. The Perils of "Positivism" in Anthropology. American Anthropologist 97(3):492-504.