- Get list of maps / new maps / how many / mkmappng
- Recussitate http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/index.php/Eclectic files for NSF 2002 Cohesion: Biotech / Aydinli
- Sent final to: new version of Wiley Introduction intended to be reviewed at Wiley CoSSci Collegium: Next: Lui Lam, Routon, Ren Feng, Turchin, Erikson, Stephen Lyon
- 1 New
- 2 Misc
- 3 Wiley Off-Chapters
- 4 ABQPowerpoints
- 5 YouTubes
- 6 Main list
- 7 Run system fit (now with Est(Wy); formerly: where No Autocorrelation Dv621.1, Dv626.1, Dv676.5 all but Dv51.5)
- 8 Kin Avoidance Project
- 9 MCMCpack and MCMCregress goodness-of-fit
- 10 Holm-Bonferroni
- 11 AAA 2013 Chicago
- 12 Pgraph code
- 13 For someone starting with DEf
- 14 Neighbor graphs - Omit
- May 2016 FEET
- HPC@UC -- Harry - Harry Mangalam AWS - phone - Comment 325 - Comments 326 - Comments 324
- EMAIL ERIC Hi Doug, Stu and Eric (cc-ed) may be able to help Harry (who I understand will be running the gateway) with debugging. It looks like it is the gateway server at UCI that is down. These are the types of things that Harry will want to know how to fix going forward. Nancy
- The Galaxy log file had grown to take up all of the disk space in /home. I moved it to /tmp, restarted the galaxy server (with “service galaxy restart”, gzipped the log, and moved it back as “galaxy-log-5-3-2016.gz”
- Gateway seems to be up again after the restart. Eric
- Clips / Offloads
- Reread the two papers by Wes Routon for Wiley
- Elizabeth Cashdan run Models recommended by Daniel Hruschka
- Do articles for World Cultures: 1) Oct1 findings contra Botero et al
- Work through the Abstracts for Satellite
- Princomp for Scales in CoSSci - should work as at V238 Brown and Eff <- the problem is to include NAs but keep the full n=186
- --- Once that works, use the pcsize etc variables in V238_Brown_and_Eff#CoSSci_setDS("SCCS") will be used for V2013 as in v238
- DONE: Amber R code - fixed here - Comments281Amber-subsets - LRB nomovSubpop11
- Publish the World Culture papers - Especially the paper by Elizabeth Cashdan on Pathogen prevalence to be reviewed
- Satel - Botero - http://www.ccs2015.org/call-for-papers/ -- Satellite Sessions -- Comments269 -- Satellite sessions will be held on Wednesday, September 30 and Thursday, October 1, 2015. A satellite session may be either a half-day session or a full-day session. -- http://cssociety.org/calls/8
- Write csv -- Dx/dy = Elasticity -- Econ-- Eff Scale construction
- Life in Strips "What goes around comes around" — "the wonderment of a liberal education"
- Life in Strips "What goes around comes around"
- Edit: Team with Laurent Tambayong on instructions for students? Not interested
- Edit: http://eclectic.ss.uci.edu/~drwhite/open_me_first.html
- Eff: Model for Moral Gods - Needs Abundance and Stability for SCCS
- Contact #? Doug Wallace - Henry Wright-Done - Call U.S.E. Credit Union to get copy of title to new car
- Jan 10 2015 ToDo I need to make Computer A:HenryWrite2006/Paramounts_States_data_2.xls accessible to R DEf so that with *Distance only I can run the 19 society model. Make an online database for R Def as it has no missing data. NOW the question is with Richard_E._Blanton#Blanton_2008
- Could the Population data we analyzed with Tsallis Tsallis q distribution project -- Tsallis q historical cities and city-sizes -- Estimating Tsallis q be tested with our Tsallis simulation?
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 11:02:00 -0800 To: Ilkay Altintas <firstname.lastname@example.org>, peter bearman <email@example.com>, Scott White <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Anthon Eff <email@example.com>, Malcolm Dow <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Michael Fischer <email@example.com>, Carol Ember <firstname.lastname@example.org>, David Rudner <email@example.com>, Nancy Wilkins-Diehr <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Tolga Oztan <email@example.com>, Eleanor Wynn <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Amber Johnson <email@example.com>, Lukasz <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Rachana Ananthakrishnan <email@example.com>, Brian Foster <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Benjamin (Nick) <email@example.com>
The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- Doug Wallace <WallaceD1@email.chop.edu>, John Snarey <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
Wesley Roberts <email@example.com>, Mike Fischer <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Victor de Munck <email@example.com>
- Crownsourcing the coding of religion in the EA. An alternative to merging SCCS with EA.
- Moved Grueter ARTICLE to Str&Dyn... now restore Model #2: Clips v1649
- I've got to move http://www.worldcultures.org/ over to eclectic together with all its subtopics - can do with EditRocket
- Once Eff adds Carlos A. Botero Moral God variables to EA dataset, test using our AnimXBwealth and FxCmntyWage variables
- DONE The v239 variable for Games in SCCS was 4+6== wrong corrected to 4+6+8
- DO: way to separate the three Games variables by Jack Roberts for SCCS and by and Murdock for EA: make Games a dependent variables with MI output, copy the main variables to csv, then create the three separate variables.
- calendar google.com - To Do -- Instructions and workflows in development 12:24, 16 October 2014
- Read Eff, E. Anthon. 2008. "Weight Matrices for Cultural Proximity: Deriving Weights from a Language Phylogeny." Structure and Dynamics: eJournal of Anthropological and Related Sciences: Vol. 3, No. 2, Article 9.
- help for new authors / organizing Celebrating Offloads
- Kinsources If02 Chuuk (SCCS 109) Truk - https://www.kinsources.net/kidarep/dataset-35-chuukese-1947-1940.xhtml
- Anthon_Eff#Could_do DID *.csv: Added the headers on h -- ABQ
- See discussion of Geoffrey_Hellman
- The following are not for the Wiley companion but supplementary papers, e.g., for Str & Dyn or for World Cultures
- http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/pdf/TheEvolutionaryLatticeofAvoidanceasRespect.pdf (docx)
- http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/ppt/ABQ_2014/ABQpowerpts/XSEDEAnthropologyGateway.pdf PDF Gateway overview re the future of Antrho/CoSSci - Douglas White
- http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/ppt/ABQ_2014/ABQconf2014Malcolm.pptx Malcolm Dow, Anthon Eff, and Wes Routon
- http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/ppt/ABQ_2014/ABQpowerpts/1ABQ.conf.2014.wes.pptx Wes Routon explained Dow's DEf
- http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/ppt/ABQ_2014/ABQpowerpts/2On-lineClassroomswithGatewayRInterfacesShort.pptx Douglas White CoSSci interface
- http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/ppt/ABQ_2014/On-lineClassroomswithGatewayRInterfacesShort.pptx Douglas White CoSSci interface
- http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/ppt/ABQ_2014/ABQpowerpts/4SAS_ABQ_Mar2014_Ecological_Constraints_Among_Hunter-Gatherer_Societies.pptx Amber Johnson
- http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/ppt/ABQ_2014/ABQpowerpts/5.03.21.Replicating.A.Model.of.avoidances.Across.Continents.pptx Tolga Oztan and Douglas White
- http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/ppt/ABQ_2014/ABQpowerpts/6Fischer_TextMining.pdf pdf Michael Fischer
- http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/ppt/ABQ_2014/ABQpowerpts/7SCCS.Gendered.Institution.pptx Gabriel Acevedo
- http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/ppt/ABQ_2014/ABQpowerpts/8ABQhiGodPresentation2014final2.pptx Douglas White, Tolga Oztan, John Snarey High Gods
- 9Revisting the Evolution of Religious Forms Using the Dow-Eff Network Autocorrelation Approach to the Comparative Method Wesley Roberts
- http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/ppt/ABQ_2014/ABQpowerpts/10Reincarnation.preso.wynn.pptx Eleanor Wynn
- http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/ppt/ABQ_2014/ABQpowerpts/11 The property complex variables in SCCS - no ppt yet- Bobbi Low
- Dow Eff Functions etc.
- http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/ppt/ABQ_2014/ABQpowerpts/DEf_XC_Tony.htm Anthon
- Using the Dow-Eff Functions in R: Working with the SCCS html
- Using the Dow-Eff Functions in R: Working with the SCCS pdf
Model Summaries for comparison with OLS
- Ev2007Higod4 8ABQhiGodPresentation2014final2.pptx Ev2007Higod4.xls v2007 AnimXbwealth,bio.5,FxCmtyWages,No_rain_Dry,PCsizeSq,v149,v2006,v53
out <- lm(HiGod ~ Wy + AnimXbwealth + bio.5 + FxCmtyWages + No_rain_Dry + PCsizeSq + v149 + v2006 + v53) summary(out)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EURdKMOEiiM How to share histories - Lukasz Lacinski
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmD6WBe9uHg Complex Social Science Gateway: High Performance Computing for Anthropology and the Social Sciences - Lukasz Lacinski, Rachana Ananthakrishnan, Thomas Uram, Douglas White, Nancy Wilkins-Diehr
- Suggested title for the Gateway: Anthropology and HPC for Complex Social Sciences (CoSSci)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffG5Msyi1w Revisting the Evolution of Religious Forms Using the Dow-Eff Network Autocorrelation Approach to the Comparative Method, Wesley W. Roberts
- SDSC projects 2014
- Get the White codes from the computer in my office
- Belonging and Not Belonging as concepts
- Trestles and Kepler -- Comments199 near completion of generic workflow for library(bnlearn)
- Reprogram Entailment analysis in R: Signal detection
- WesleyRobertsV2013EvolutionofReligionWR_FINAL.docx Get MoralGods or HiGod4 at Ilkay
- Nobs Mean Min Max SD
- Get Wiley list and do more DEf Clips clean up Roberts, send to Low
- ArcGIS online for Societal Study Initiative
- Sage Permissions
- Article to start with Linda Garro and Hallowell's challenge to Pathogen authors - run cross-tabs
- UCLA Paola Giuliano - Enrico Spolaore Culture and Economic Growth
- See if UC Davis Political Sci Zeev Maoz wants to restudy the article by Carol Ember on Kant "Democracies do not fight democracies, 1795"
- UC faculty have big advantage to the book in that they can reprint their articles !!!!
- A workflow is needed to automate the transition from imputed variables in h[ to variable names for library(bnlearn) - Ev2007Higod#for_Bayesian_Graph HiGod <- h$data[,"HiGod"] AnimXbwealth <- h$data[,"AnimXbwealth"] -- i.e., http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/index.php/Ev2007Higod#for_Bayesian_Graph
- Courseware for Teachers - Announcement
- CoSSci Clips - Make clips for Xiamen students - esp. Remarriage
- Enrico Spolaore genetic_distance.zip Interpreting the regression
- Practical Guide to Gateway, such, as:
- First set of elements (0) in Galaxy output should be definition of variables
- These include any change of primary data, e.g., NA for Case 186 in SCCS (may need two such cases)
- Do models such as Main Kinship Theory
- How to get the word out
- Fix Kinsources
- Google Hangouts up to 10 people
- UCI/Fetch/xls_csv has ContributorInformationSpreadsheetWiley.xlsx consisting of # First name Last name Email address Affiliation Address line 1
- Address line 2 Address line 3 City State/Province Zip/Postal Code Country Chapter Title Submission deadline Chapter length Line drawings Half tones Notes
- Contributor Information Spreadsheet reply to Graney, Mark - Boston <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Travel advance for ABQ
- Ev2007Higod4 CoSSci2 lati -> Sqlati -> not a better depvar
- Decide what to do with CCR and complications of cc-comparative research google group or
- Paul Rodriguez's work with Sampling distributions, Bootstrap, AiCc, etc.
- Add Eff's Black Maps - Lukasz - Not working for WNAI
- HPC is Trestles 20min but no 3rd output! Jan 30'2014 Łukasz_Lacinski#Could_do In *.csv: which server? Trestles / OIT / SocSci;--how long did it take?;--date;--user name;--
- Send emails each day: usage-- Trestles / OIT / SocSci;-- DO Compare GUI to VM - ask about sending usage emails each week, detailing each day
- Lukasz: Change HPC screen as per Chicago, DID DEf01d, Comments118 12/1/13 Fixing Dichotomies, Comments126How to make squared variables -- Comments64MkMapping, Draw.Rworldmap#Color_R_world_map_for_CoSSci_online_or_R_gui Uram Mapping, Holm-Bonferroni
- DO Outline for Wiley - Lists http://capone.mtsu.edu/eaeff/DEf_XC.html the XC sample
- Plots in R
- Comments57#The_Road_to_Path_Analysis Contact the authors of systemfit about SUR Arne back on May 27th 2013, see section 3, 2007 article
- Anthon v80 Wy cross product
- Google Groups - Celebrating <- Help with models for Amber, Wynn, Roberts, Snarey, Bobbi Low
- Try Model with .Dow-Eff Functions - DEf Use the AWC to define high quality subsample of EA Tolga says subsample works for 01b Should work for DEf01c
- Partial success (emailed Tolga) withComments83#Comments83Oztan-White-Expanded_samples_of_SCCSplusEAwithOther.28Eff.2Cn.3D371.29_and_SCCSplusAWC.28DRW.2Cn.3D562.29
- Name the AWC-EA a new database and add WNAI avoidance variables -- New Paper Title "Early Evolution of Social Complexity and Respectful Avoidance Dyads" or "Early Cooperative Complexity…
- Comments87#Letter_on_2013-2014_plans_Sep_27_2013 Uram: Screen Shot Dvsqv51 2013-09-22 at 5.29.38 AM 0) Can you do the Map routine? 1) In Development Tools DEF2 LOCAL DEF2 no longer works for sqv51, HAS NO MAPPING OPTION, 2) The [x] Ecology option is off, so that clicking "on" has no effect. 3) Creation of a User name has no effect. 4) Given "memory" of the last run, given a depvar, could we save the last set of model indep variables for that last run?
- DEf01b SCCS - DEf01c - DEf01d
- Do I want to expand an article on Patrilineal/Matrilineal, Evolutionary regions and Burton et al 7 matri- 3 patri regions 1-10 coded for 351 EA societies? - more matri-biased than patribiased. Relate to DeMeo depvar "Patriarchy"? Also do Andrey Korotayev. And Redefining 10 rather than 6 world regions for SCCS. Wikipedia says 1) Wikipedia:Na-Dene languages Map of Na-Dene in north, last migration 2) Wikipedia:Paleo-Indians#Archaeogenetics links to a language tree at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Journal.pgen.0030185.g008.png 3) Wikipedia:Paleo-Indians#Paleo-Indian_periods footnote 71: ^ "Native American Mitochondrial DNA Analysis Indicates That the Amerind and the Nadene Populations Were Founded by Two Independent Migrations". Center for Genetics and Molecular Medicine and Departments of Biochemistry and Anthropology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia. Genetics Society of America. 1992. Vol 130, 153-162. Retrieved 2009-11-28.
- ADD TO Google Groups --- Xcultural google group is at User:Douglas R. White but OBSOLETE
- crosscultural.research http://maillists.uci.edu/mailman/listinfo/uc4-humancomplexity - ???CONVERT the GROUP-EMAIL to CCR (Cross-Cultural Research)???
- Potential contributors - March 18-22, 2014, Doug White and Tolga Oztan. Session Co-Chairs, SASci Meeting (jointly with the Society for Applied Anthropology), Invited Session: "Science Gateway Analytic Modeling for Comparative Research" -- SASci invited Chapter authors, Wiley Companion for Cross-Cultural Research. http://anthrosciences.org/SASci2014/ Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- List of CoSSci Models
- Tom: use our maps tricks
- Tom: Workflow for yW - list of options
- Tom: Map with aa where missing data.
- aa maps for Tolga, Uram
- 5th VM: VM5 for EAv17 and SCCS v...
- ??? solved most of my recode problem with dNA [dNA=="-1"] <- NA do it in two steps mkdummy("v233",4) #dNA at the VM? No xXx [xXx=="-1"] <- NA
- Robert Sinkovits
- Revise Ch6 take out section 1
- Chapter 5 Revised but still needs to discuss function rather than causation what are the outcomes? potential functions, causes? etc .Dow-Eff Functions - DEf
- A problem for online DEF2 (CoSSci) is that removal of -1 and NAs cannot be done in a single line of code for New Variable.
- To Potential Contributors --> Draft2 ToPotentialContributors.doc DEf - Wikipedia:Data_sharing -- done:Visual Manual <-- accessed from Invitation letter
- Durkheim&Swanton/Sanderson&Winkelman/Brown&Eff&Dow/Chapter5/MoralGods (all converge) - distinct from reincarnation/Buddhism/Hinduism
- Draft3 -- http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/index.php/DEf -- .Dow-Eff Functions - DEf now protected
- Eleanor_Wynn#Bishop.27s_Lodge_paper - Dv1998.4 - Dv1998.2_Printable
- Try Dv626.1 Dv621.1 in http://SocSciCompute.ss.uci.edu LOCAL .Dow-Eff Functions - DEf
- v1122,v53,v54,v626,v245,v817,v154,v68 ____ v621*Supercomputer Gateway. http://SocSciGate.oit.uci.edu --- http://SocSciCompute.ss.uci.edu/
- List_of_certain_chapters - use DEf
- CoSSci ToDo
- Netlogo ToDo
- EduMod archives ToDo
- Creative Capital ToDo
- article with Houseman TO Mathematical Anthropology jrnl - restored my graphic - my old version re: L.Barry version sent to Adam Kuper
- Personal:Eric Topol visi-mobile-monitor
- Sexual division of labor 99-148 in sccs is the only place where recoding script might be problematic in CoSSci but -1 and 0 can both be converted to NA
- Random Forests Paul Rodriguez is Co-PI
Done or Obsolete
- Newletter announcements of CoSSci Courses
- Bought a power cord for the Sampson - Chromebook - MacBook
- Worthless: Tree package example
- Other anthropologists may not agree but for us the Wiley Companion is a Grand Challenge of Anthropology, to bring Anthropology back into a combination of humanities and sciences rather than humanities and philosophy alone.
- done <- lm(depvar ~ Wy + indepvars) #using Wy = h[
- Ev2007Higod#Script ---V2007MoralGodDEf01d and Ev2013.01c_Sanderson_Religion test against bnlearn Anthon fixed PCAP, PCsize and PCsizeSq in
- bnlearn for WiMo SCCS and WNAI4AvoidWiMo, Amber Wynn Snarey DID Roberts for Wallace Gods Celebrating
- DID bnlearn MoralGods: 1) DID compute conditional probabilities 2) TO DO Extend variables to Brown and Eff 3) question is whether I can get the Bo for Wy - is that the way to proceed?
- DID column of 186 societies into *.csv for PreClassical Dv1998.4#Script_3_PRECLASSICAL_Very_good_model_riv.3C-c.28.22matrilineal.22.2C.22bio.16.22.2C.22bio.18.22.2C.22bio.9.22.2C.22v1260.22.2C.22v157.22.2C.22v245.22.2C.22v53.22.2C.22v854.22.29
- DID Dv1998.4#Script_4_CLASSICAL put column of 186 societies into *.csv for Classical
- DID Answer Malcolm
- DID Help Xiamen Students
- DID Invite Tom Weisner, Stephen K. Sanderson and others to CoSSci -- And Albuquerque. Draft letter at bottom of this page
- March 18-22, 2014, Doug White and Tolga Oztan. Session Co-Chairs, SASci Meeting (jointly with the Society for Applied Anthropology), http://anthrosciences.org/SASci2014/ Albuquerque, New Mexico. Invited Session: "Science Gateway Analytic Modeling for Comparative Research," Invited Chapter authors, Wiley Companion for Cross-Cultural Research.
- DID Chiro for Murray -- local guy
- DID Peter Peregrine - Invited to SASci !!
- Order entailments by freq -- Did with Tolga
- DID Tom: Put Maps request above square ticks, including no h
- Tom: Option for no h
- DID Doug: Fix maps length of label integers to align with the map -- coordinate number of integer entries
- DID Put Creative Commons License at Virtual Manual, CoSSci pages and SocSciComputing
- DID: A.F.C. Wallace - Stephen K. Sanderson v2013 Religion - Do NoVA on Wallace, Reincarnation, and MoralGods. VERY SIMILAR IN MODEL RESULTS FOR THESE AND NONE OF THE BROWN-EFF VARIABLES ARE SIGNIFICANT: New *DEf Models DONE - 1) Sanderson 2) Moral Gods using Coding a wages variable - finished in 2.5 days in May. NOW: - EduR-9_FxCmtyWages
- Sanderson - Aronoff - Rosenblatt - Hrupka - Wages - ALL DONE and in SCCS codebook
- Charles Ragin
- Obsolete: ToDo INSTRUCTIONS - Letter of Invitation *.doc: include 2 pp instructions
- Repairs needed to wikipages Af03 Ashanti (SCCS 013) - SCCS 029: Fur (Cb17) - SCCS 002: !Kung - SCCS 15: Nkundo Mongo (Ae15) - Ng01 Huron (SCCS 144) - Mbau Fijians (SCCS 102)
- Personal Recoup the Nord Pas du Calais project, one Dravidian project, Tzintzuntzan, and Karen Erickson. Finish Life in Strips
- Frederic L. Pryor's Intermediate societies
- Wigmore and Telmo ToDo - with Michael Fischer
- Auto Ethnography - Heather Ramey
- Goodman & Quine David West Rudner
Run system fit (now with Est(Wy); formerly: where No Autocorrelation Dv621.1, Dv626.1, Dv676.5 all but Dv51.5)
- Revision: Use aa imputed variables with y = β0Est(Wy) + β1+ ∑i=2,n+1 (βiXi) + ε
- Add install R; offer of help; systemfit p4
Kin Avoidance Project
MCMCpack and MCMCregress goodness-of-fit
RUN: Dv621.1 could do up to aa only (imputed variables) but more efficient to run the whole script #install.packages(MCMCpack) library(MCMCpack) aa$WHe<-aa$NoHusbDomin #riv<-c("bio.13","v1122","v53","v54","v626","v68","v817") model0 <- MCMCregress(aa$WHe~ aa$bio.13+aa$v1122+aa$v53+aa$v54+aa$v626+aa$v68+aa$v817, b0=0, B0=0.1, c0 =2, d0 =0.11) #, marginal.likelihood = c(Chib95)) #riv<-c("bio.5","v203","v149","v150","v21","v53","v670","v673","v826") model0 <- MCMCregress(aa$WHe~ aa$bio.13+aa$v1122+aa$v53+aa$v54+aa$v626+aa$v68+aa$v817, b0=0, B0=0.1, c0 =2, d0 =0.11) #, marginal.likelihood = c(Chib95)) model1 <- MCMCregress(aa$WHe~ aa$bio.13+aa$v1122+aa$v53+aa$v54+aa$v626+aa$v68 , b0=0, B0=0.1, c0 =2, d0 =0.11) #, marginal.likelihood = c(Chib95)) model2 <- MCMCregress(aa$WHe~ aa$bio.13+aa$v1122+aa$v53+aa$v54+aa$v626 +aa$v817, b0=0, B0=0.1, c0 =2, d0 =0.11) #, marginal.likelihood = c(Chib95)) model3 <- MCMCregress(aa$WHe~ aa$bio.13+aa$v1122+aa$v53+aa$v54 +aa$v68+aa$v817, b0=0, B0=0.1, c0 =2, d0 =0.11) #, marginal.likelihood = c(Chib95)) model4 <- MCMCregress(aa$WHe~ aa$bio.13+aa$v1122+aa$v53 +aa$v626+aa$v68+aa$v817, b0=0, B0=0.1, c0 =2, d0 =0.11) #, marginal.likelihood = c(Chib95)) model5 <- MCMCregress(aa$WHe~ aa$bio.13+aa$v1122 +aa$v54+aa$v626+aa$v68+aa$v817, b0=0, B0=0.1, c0 =2, d0 =0.11) #, marginal.likelihood = c(Chib95)) model6 <- MCMCregress(aa$WHe~ aa$bio.13 +aa$v53+aa$v54+aa$v626+aa$v68+aa$v817, b0=0, B0=0.1, c0 =2, d0 =0.11) #, marginal.likelihood = c(Chib95)) model7 <- MCMCregress(aa$WHe~ aa$v1122+aa$v53+aa$v54+aa$v626+aa$v68+aa$v817, b0=0, B0=0.1, c0 =2, d0 =0.11) #, marginal.likelihood = c(Chib95)) BF <- BayesFactor(model1,model2,model3,model4,model5,model6,model7, model0) # summary(BF) #The evidence to support NA over all other models considered is worth no more than a bare mention.
The thing to do here is
- edit the example as in http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/index.php/Dv621.1 or a finished model at the wiki site with the appropriate dependent and independent variables in the riv<-c(...), and run in your R screen for Dv621.1 or modify to fit the variables of a different model
- or use the forthcoming VM with two other options:, run your variables in the CoSSci window for DEf models in the VM, then either
- click the option for MCMCregress (assuming Uram's expanded script does the substitutions) or
- Assuming Uram's scripts codes keeps the aa matrix of imputed variables in working memory from the VM run: substitute your dependent and independent variables for those of the MCMCregress script above, copy and paste the result into the "execute goodness-of-fit test" VM window. If the test shows that one variable should be dropped, remove that model, renumber the models ordinally starting from 0 (zero) and resubmit the test until not further removal of a variable is suggested by equality of results.
- http://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-patched/library/stats/html/p.adjust.html. I am looking into R code for Bonferroni read off the h[5,4,3] functions or the *.csv (which is better?) and also the MCMCregress goodness-of-fit that pulls out the depvar and the riv. The thing to do here is to put the test on the VM with directive: sort the significance tests in myOutput.csv low to high, copy into VM windowwith directive: sort the significance tests in myOutput.csv low to high, copy into VM window: HOLM-BONFERRONI GROUP SIGNIFICANCE TEST
AAA 2013 Chicago
- Registered for the AAA next year at Chicago Hilton November 20-24, 2013 due BEFORE April 15, 2013, Doug White and Tolga Oztan. "The Evolutionary Ladders of Kinship Behaviors." Kinship Session "THE KINSHIP PAST and THE FUTURE OF A KINSHIP PUBLIC." organized by Dwight Read and Fadwa El Guindi. 2013 American Anthropological Association Annual Meeting, Chicago.
How the three basic dimensions in the world's ethnographic formal concept (Galois) lattice of joking, avoidance and respect are organized by a Network of Variable Analysis (NoVA) reproducible at the Complex Social Science (CoSSci)
- Pgraph code for Tolga - doesnt exist
For someone starting with DEf
Tom (Weisner), To begin to think about a chapter for the Wiley Companion to Comparative Research, whatever else you do for the chapter, all you need to start with the new inferential methods is a few dependent variable names from the SCCS codebook, listed either at http://capone.mtsu.edu/eaeff/downloads/SCCScodebook.html or http://eclectic.ss.uci.edu/~drwhite/courses/SCCCodes.htm. Tho there are other databases, SCCS has the variables for psychological, child training and other variables related to the Whitings' work. Including results in your chapter that control for autocorrelation as opposed to those that do not is something we want to illustrate for a good number of chapters. If you send me some variable names, I can provide you with some mostly finished models to think about in relation to the arguments you want to make in the chapter. Having your perspectives on psychological anthropology alongside new developments in data analysis is important to the volume.
As a way of presenting an initial draft to an audience that includes other Wiley authors we invite you to develop and present some of your initial ideas for the Wiley chapter at the March meeting of the SASci (Anthro Sciences society) in Albuquerque. If you send me some ideas for initial variables to analyze, I will help get you get started with hypothesis testing. Our social science Gateway for cross-cultural research, with easy access to modeling with autocorrelation controls, is now an official science gateway site at https://portal.xsede.org/science-gateways and well suited for classroom use (now underway) and use by social scientists. It takes a bit of getting used to which is why in addition to the current dozen or so users for Wiley chapters (and the initial course being given this quarter), I am helping other Wiley authors get started.
-- best Douglas R. White http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/index.php/DW_home
Neighbor graphs - Omit
- OMIT Comments79 Towner et al R scripts for Neighbor Graphs: Vertical and Horizontal Transmission