User:Douglas R. White
- DW home - Social Dynamics and Complexity - eScholarship Working Paper Series - Live Journal ??? what's this?
- Special:ConfirmAccounts - Ferren MacIntyre - Shannon C. Groves - Ion C. Baianu - Marion Dumas - LiChenghua - William Leibzon - Charles G. Kisner, PhD - Confirm accounts: how it works - Watchlists - http://eclectic.ss.uci.edu/~drwhite/ --- http://itc.uci.edu/~drwhite/ --- http://itc.uci.edu/~drwhite/drwhite/worldcul/9-2lang.pdf - vpn
- http://www.mwusers.com/ Please email so a logged-in sysop can login a user name for you: they will open "create an account" and can easily fill in your information. -->[New User Login]≤-- - Editorial group
Past talks:Human Complexity - https://vpn.nacs.uci.edu/+CSCOE+/logon.html - http://www.lib.uci.edu/how/connect-from-off-campus.html - 6084 DRW Google Scholar -http://www.mendeley.com/profiles/douglas-white/edit/ - http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=1432484 - Topical_publications:_Douglas_R._White - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Douglas_White - http://uci.academia.edu/DouglasRWhite
- 866-939-8416 Passcode: 4906909# https://www.givememorestripes.com/(S(f2lbcfrbfylfl3ql020bo2y2))/TempCard.aspx Stripes] - google calendar
- http://academic.research.microsoft.com/Author/12781511/douglas-r-white 2032 citations to 102 or so articles
- http://academic.research.microsoft.com/Author/53140485/douglas-r-white 22 are my publications, 2 are not (near end)
- Explanation of the G=44 and H=22 indices for D. R. White (Microsoft)
- http://academic.research.microsoft.com/RankList?entitytype=2&topDomainID=22&subDomainID=4&last=0&start=501&end=600 -
- Prezi - XSEDE portal - manage XSEDE Follow the link to the XSEDE Portal https://www.xsede.org/group/xup/add-remove-user Add User Form - Robert Sinkovits - Microsoft Academic - Google images - review profile -
- Kinsource and DRW Contrib to Kinsource
- Quando me meura
- No ponga mi ropa
- Porque quando resucito
- Los voy a poner
- InterSciWiki weblinks
- Scott White’s Reading Raven for iPad tops the Education charts at Apple – way to go Scott & Early Ascent teamwork! - Poema La Utopia - Iberall - We did it for you
- Sage Free access
- IN NEED OF DOCUMENTATION AT WIKIPEDIA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Cultures
- Talk:Outline of topics / Outline of topics - SCCS_R_package - SFI2011 project - Sccs 2SLS-IS downloads - R2SLS - when its an R package - working papers
Google: insert GNU FDL FREE DOC LICENSE in mediawiki for the Main Page - ask Steve Doubleday - Anthon Google+-Doug Google+ firstname.lastname@example.org Jeff Johnson - LinkedIn confused with Scott - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHJpWFluYVhTSXlyRy16YklUTTNaVmc6MQ
- http://www.linkedin.com/profile/edit?showPendingEndorsementDialog=true&trk=eml-skills_endorsements-btn-0-new_pills&akey=uRdQCfhXdQB_ukCKA4uzazrEX1&hkey=pq7g&ut=1UwpQKq0Z_xBw1 LInkedInEndorsements]
- Our summer place on Birch lake, 1940s when I was a kid -the five cabins, angela
- Re consulting, I'm a founding figure in social networks research, an SFI complexity researcher, and R program package developer currently leading a causal analysis working group at SFI, UCI, and various MPIs using R software. https://www.referralkey.com/ https://www.referralkey.com/index.php?tab=tab1&showbriefid=3936143&
- http://18.104.22.168/wiki Kindle lending library - Pajek - 3D graphics
- eScholarship publications - WikiSysopWikiSysop eScholarship publications - wiki page deletions
- https://submit.escholarship.org/ojs/index.php/index/user - http://wikis.tdl.org/_data/tdl/images/0/07/OJS-in-an-Hour_220.pdf
- http://escholarship.org/help_journals.html - http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7465 reviewer databases
webmail - scheduler - parking fees - ARAG - etf - Soc Dyn eJournal - Google+ news - American Anthropologist
Stayin' alive - yesterday&video - http://www.ucfocusonyourfuture.com/ - Dance the Dougie with Michelle Obama!
- Library Renewals may be made online using My ANTPAC at http://antpac.lib.uci.edu/ or at any Loan Desk
- Revision of Profile ScienceDirect Cite alerts
New bio: Doug White is an Emeritus Professor of Anthropology, and Chair, Social Dynamics and Complexity at the Institute of Mathematical Behavioral Sciences at University of California, Irvine, Editor-in-Chief of Structure and Dynamics, recipient of the Alexander von Humboldt Distinguished Senior Scientist award, and serves on the external faculty at the Santa Fe Institute (complexity sciences). He does social network analysis, ethnosociology, long-term field site and historical analysis, as in his 2005 book, Network Analysis and Ethnographic Problems: Process Models of a Turkish Nomad Clan (2005), with Ulla Johansen. His coauthored paper “Economic Networks: The New Challenges” appeared in Science, 2009, and his "Kinship, Class, and Community" is published in the 2011 Sage Handbook of Social Networks.
- http://amzn.to/aR4lRf bitly link to Amazon bio -  - Special:Imagelist
- Connecting a Samsung993SN LCD
- https://sales.liveperson.net/hc/49151746/?cmd=file&file=chatFrame&site=49151746&SESSIONVAR!skill=monitors&waitTime=0&referrer=http%3A//www.samsung.com/us/support/detail/supportPrdDetail.do%3Fmenu%3DSP01%26prd_ia_cd%3D05024500%26prd_mdl_cd%3D%26prd_mdl_name%3D933SN%26prd_ia_sub_class_cd%3DP&sessionkey=H292884062317321308-3919962495993866239K1057810914 live chat] FETCHED001-JFC2-5156-J009-A59V-2H05
- Photo book
- 578 google books citations for "Douglas R. White"
- 1402 google scholar citations for "Douglas R. White" (Social Sciences) 630 July 9'10 628 Sep 15'10 1402 Jan 25 '13
- 1,170 "Standard Cross-Cultural Sample" google scholar citations.
- "HRAF+Probability+Sample" 128 hits June 10, 2011. Do a study with 2sls-is on replications of these results.
- Social Networks impact
- Citeseer impact - Citeseer impact with citations
- SNA (networks impact on social network research)
- Install HP printer hp officejet j5780 all-in-one printer driver - BCC - see Memory
- turn off windows 7 automatic update Click Start, enter Action Center, choose Change Action Center settings, choose Windows Update Settings.
- Click the Automatic Updates tab, and then click to select Turn off Automatic Updates. Click OK.
- Projects: one world and godzillian localities. google profile - blogger
- "Your life and its environment are on loan to you -- Give it back in better shape than you found it." Doug 16:37, 25 September 2009 (PDT) - http://uci.academia.edu/DouglasRWhite.
Douglas R. White - C:/Users/bn/Wiki.htm - accelerators - calendar 2011- calendar 2009 google calendar' - email@example.com - iGoogle - Google talk - Google docs - Gpage - gmail - sort by is:unread - http://mail.google.com - Bots - Bai Gou 白 狗 means *White* *DO*u*G*. You are already famous in China by that alias. (I hope that your computer can accept Chinese characters). -- Causes of Polygyny and Instrumental Variables Douglas R. White - © 2010draft -- geni genealogy - NAACSOS on Academia.com - WebMail - Dashboard https://webmail.uci.edu/uci/src/login.php Skype - DRW Blog - DRW SFI links - Powerset-search all wikipedias - Wikipedia:Portal:Current_events - Davido Arriaga - Help:Navigation - Freebase applications - email options - MobileMe - Dell Software - MyChart - Direct TV Guide - Amazon Author Central -Douglas R. White Amaazon book page - Quote of the day - Police reports - HP Color LaserJet 1600 Printer - MyApps - SocSci - ucop -- twitter drwhite12 - twitter J_Structure_Dyn - facebook
- European Complex Systems -Progenitive- or Pro-systems network analysis -- Lazega courts and judges
- Watch - Priority - quotes from Horatio -- StumbleUpon - w0rdpr3ss - Course evaluations
This is MediaWiki Version 1.10; My User:WikiSysop was Jonn, is now Dao. See the Handbook e.g., for deletion, Page Protection, User Block, Sidebar, Protect. Rollback, MediaWiki_Namespace- Navigation links - MediaWiki:Sidebar - #redirect=[[target]] MediaWiki_Configuration - Special:Listusers- User scripts - toolbox (USER LIST) toolbox Special:Specialpages - Collaborative video. zip file quik Math - HP Customer Service - GATS BBC Software to help organize research DRW S&D eJournal - WCej - As listserve members join in batches, delete them from from the old 4cA-L and 4cM-Z lists -- also ask the ICS and Merage groups. firstname.lastname@example.org - Music who ...zahec -- both inside text not in subject line -- to see full list send to --> email@example.com only this inside: who mypassword
Webmail - Yahoo mail 4c Listserve see 4c: cehazoew Subscribe results My ADMINistrative Approval 8:00AAM actual members=55 keep in email list firstname.lastname@example.org -- postmast <email@example.com> -- blocklist
Current @wiki projects DRW
- SSHA conference Nov 14-15, 2009 talk 10-12:15 Sun 15th
- EduMod 2: Make the imputed datasets
- DRW ARTICLES in draft
- Vision statement: Human Societies Project
- Project development
- Using the new discrete estimator and producing sampling distribution plots
- eclectic: many of my powerpoints and pdfs - older eclectic home page
- Powerpoint improved software
- Structure and Dynamics: articles in process
- Software: Kinship simulation
- Réseau national des systèmes complexes (RNSC) Chairmanship
- Doug's R package installation list
- China migration project
- China project
- Testing the model: q exponential
- Software: Role Models for Complex Networks
- Social-circles network model
- Dynamics of human behavior
- Complexity in human behavior
- Reconstructing evolutionary trees Bhattacharya, Gell-Mann
- Statistical topic model project Smyth, White
- An invisible college
- Averting a Runaway Massive Planetary-Systems Breakdown White, Harrison (note to review: Haila, Yrjö, and Chuck Dyke (eds). 2006. How Nature Speaks: The Dynamics of the Human Ecological Condition. (eBook) Duke University Press. $22 at http://www.deepdiscount.com/
- Stability domains group White, Harrison Studies
- The Harrison Studio <<sandbox for Peninsula Europe>> wiki writeup
- Dynamics of Civilizations group-SFI
- Redesigning road systems for global sustainability - Road Systems for failed states, failing empires, displaced populations, and sustainable communities (try the http://tinyurl.com/29sh7z tiny URL)
- Historical networks of Eurasian Roads
- Use of Mathematica, program and free on-line resources at Calculus and differential equations
- Study of ideosyncratic readings
I am a complexity researcher (SFI external faculty) and ethno-sociologist, or social anthropologist with broad sociological as well as comparative and ethnographic interests in human societies and global historical and contemporary processes. My PhD in Anthropology with a subfield in sociological theory was done with advisor E. Adamson Hoebel, University of Minnesota, although largely through the CIC Traveling Scholars Program that allowed transfer of seminar credits from the University of Michigan, Columbia, and Northwestern. My High School education involved an immersion school-year in Madrid living with two Spanish families. My BA involved two quarters of transfer credits for ethnographic fieldwork under supervision at the University of Veracruz in Jalapa, Mexico. My graduate work focused on Mathematical Anthropology, Mathematical Psychology, and Mathematical Sociology. For a thesis in Math Anthro I used a detailed multilevel comparative complexity sciences approach to studying intrasocietal and intersociety networks in a continuous-region of 90 adjoining societies with high variation in social organization. I tested the hypothesis that cross-cutting (cohesive v. segmentary) network integration in each of several forms would all be predicted by high cooperativity in productive economic tasks (see my page on my extension of Louis Guttman's Radex theory of complex interactions). The hypothesis worked, and formed a basis for further work on social networks as a general theoretical approach to social organization and sociopolitical as well as economic institutions. My studies in Math Psych as U Michigan provided training with Frank Harary in network and graph theory, with Louis Guttman in multidimensional and discrete-structure scaling, and with Clyde Coombs in unfolding theory and math modelling of diversity in preferences. Studies with Paul Lazarsfeld, Neil Henry, and others at Columbia at the Bureau of Applied Social Research provided training in a large array of topics in Mathematical and Applied Sociology.
Complexity summer school, am an active Wikipedian and one of the Anthropology editors at Citizendium. I am Editor-in-Chief Structure and Dynamics eJournal and the editor and sysop of the InterSci.ss.uci.edu/wiki.
Current teaching and research
UCI courses Fall-Winter-Spring (may be taken multiple times, 1-9 quarters, 1.33 credits per quarter)
- Courses: Networks and Complexity (open for enrollment)
- Seminars: Networks and Complexity (open for enrollment)
- Fall Course 174AW Human Social Complexity and World Cultures T,Th 12:30 pm to 1:50 pm in SST 155
- Fall Course 129 60230 Kinship and Complexity T,Th 3:30-4:50 Rm ELH 110 requested
- one of these two
- Spring 2009 Seminar Network Theory and Social Complexity
- Spring 2009 Seminar Anthropological Methods and Models 2008 (in revised format) (taught at UCSD, UCI students by interactive video)
Research: Networks and Ethnography; Network dynamics and simulation; historical and urban dynamics. Eurasia: 870 CE - 2070 CE. Mexico: 1500 CE - 2070 CE.
- Douglas R. White home site UCI  Selected publications My ethno-sociology page  SciCom pubs   My Citizendium  friends of Citizendium  Hoebel  Scopus  Wikiversity home  My Complexity summer school home site  DRW booknotes [flickr photos] Sandbox for q-exponentials - Broker
- Physics and Social Science
- I grew up in Minneapolis, a city with Community Ethic and a corporate 5 percent club business ethic.