- SCCS variable VM4 v51. NON-MATERNAL RELATIONSHIPS, INFANCY (mothers doing less with their infants tend to have husbands who do more for them according to indepvars: v1122,v52,v53,v626,v819,v149,v204,bio.11).
- 24cases . = Missing Data
- 5 cases: 1 = Almost Exclusively Mother -----> for variable 51 definitions see http://eclectic.ss.uci.edu/~drwhite/courses/SCCCodes.htm.
- 81cases 2 = Principally Mother, others minor roles
- 63cases 3 = Principally Mother, others important roles
- 10cases 4 = Mother < 1/2 care: see http://tinyurl.com/WileyCh5CCRNetsofVars p4 Table 2 cross-tab with SCCS var v54, Father does more for his Children
- 2 cases 5 = Mother minor but significant role with infant (THE MODEL SHOWS THE HUSBAND IS DOING EVEN MORE)
- 1 case 6 = Mother's infant care is minimal except for nursing THE HUSBAND('s slaves) ARE MOTHER'S HELPER(s) dx$v51=36=6^2=62 or 6squared.
- To test this model copy v51 and the indepvars into the first two square windows at http://SocSciCompute.ss.uci.edu). Variable names: v1122 Log Population, v52,v53 Roles of Father, v626 Creation stories, v819 Importance of Trade, v149 Writing, v204 Hunting, bio.11 Temp of coldest quarter. Dont repeat any number twice in the first 5 CoSSci windows, e.g., by adding v204 to window 2 without removing it from window 3.
The big red dot on the map is Rome in 110AD (SCCS society 49) where slaves take care of infants not the Father or Mother.
- Maps are served to the user only if requested, as for the dependent variable in the "Variable to Plot" lowest window, v51sq (Wife gets help with infant from husband or, for Roman elite, from slaves).
Printable Visual Manual.pdf.
- Please suggest improvements to the Virtual Manual pages to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can click Unnamed History, change its name and save your results by clicking on new history name. If (1) click user "enter username" doesnt work (not working as of 9-2013) see Visual_Manual#II_To_log_in_and_save_history.
- There's a 72_Society_SCCS_book_collection_at_the_School_for_Advanced_Research,_Santa_Fe available for the Standard Cross-Cultural Sample at SAR, where there are also many ethnographies for Joseph G. Jorgensen. 1980. Western Indians: Comparative Environments, Languages and Cultures of 172 Western American Indian Tribes. W.H.Freeman & Co Ltd. .Dow-Eff_Functions_-_DEf#WNAI_Dow_Eff_Functions_for_172_Society_Jorgenson_database will soon be available.
- http://capone.mtsu.edu/eaeff/Dow-Eff%20functions.html (all four, valchild example). Those who want to use the R gui click Install R
- Using R scripts with the SCCS DEf01SCCS
- Using R scripts with the LRB DEf01LRB Binford Foragers
- Using R scripts with the EA DEf01EA Ethnographic Atlas
- Using R scripts with the WNAI DEf01WNAI Jorgensen Western North American Indians
- In Preparation: Peregrine Atlas of Cultural Evolution xls
- The latest version of the Dow-Eff functions (Manual: pdf; html) can perform analyses on four different ethnological datasets.”
Current: http://capone.mtsu.edu/eaeff/downloads/Manual_DEf1c.pdf Current: http://capone.mtsu.edu/eaeff/downloads/Manual_DEf1c.htm