Some are selecting variables with the worst significance (value column). You want significance to be as close to zero as possible! SCCS_and_network_research_practicum_available_to_any_seminar_up_to_20_students#Discussion Ren Feng A problem in current work is there are no No_Rain_Dry, Missions and HiGod4 variables in the "sccsdata" which we are working on
- The substitute for HiGod4 (which is not yet "published" by its author) is sccs$v238
- the others are available as
- sccsNo_Rain ( No_Rain_Dry is a composite of this and another variable )
B=Plan B (eight vars in HiGod models) A=Plan A (other variables)
- first 15 Many of these are doing fine. About 25% having trouble with (ELIMINATING) SYNONYMS, as between indep and dep var.
- User talk:Ting Yang#round_18_Operating_Results . User talk:Feng Ren help. dep_var=v238 High Gods. The findings about scarcity and distribution of food would be very important discoveries if we did not have access to the No_rain_Dry variable which outcompetes them. Doug 21:13, 26 December 2011 (PST) but VIFs too big between a19 a22 and while these are valid results of your program I cannot get this to replicate in my programs so I thought something else must be wrong too, and it was the missing No_rain_Dry variable.
- User:Shuo Liu PARTIAL (5 changes | hist) . . (+7,255) . . [Feng Ren (5×)] User talk:Feng Ren help formatting
- User talk:Yahong Zhu UNRESTRICTED (6 changes | hist) . . (+7,839) . . [Yahong Zhu (6×)] User talk:Feng Ren help
- User:Chenlu Ye UNRESTRICTED Dep_var v821 Percent Female Contribution to Agriculture, problem is that femsubs=v890 Female Contribution to Subsistence: Average of Three Scores is a synonym (8 changes | hist) . . (+8,298) . . [Chenlu Ye (8×)]
- User:Jingkun Niu PROGRAM (diff | hist) . . (+5,435) . . Jingkun Niu (Talk | contribs | block) (→Higod4: ) [rollback]
- User:Jia Shi UNRESTRICTED (3 changes | hist) . . (+8,109) . . [Jia Shi (3×)]
- User talk:Min Wu UNRESTRICTED (5 changes | hist) . . (+8,316) . . [Min Wu (5×)] Doug 22:52, 12 December 2011 (PST) good start!
- User talk:Ye Cui BLANK SEE BELOW (6 changes | hist) . . (0) . . [Ye Cui (6×)]
- User:Ying Li UNRESTRICTED Doug 22:52, 12 December 2011 (PST) same problem as below -- 890 and 821 are synonyms. -- was fixed, but Doug 06:08, 16 December 2011 (PST) you now have throughout only non-significant variables.
- User talk:Wei Liu2 UNRESTRICTED Doug 22:52, 12 December 2011 (PST) you have a problem in that the dep_var 858 has many specific categories that are definitionally correlated with the significant variables, much like Hui's problem
- User:Yating Hui UNRESTRICTED dep_var v661 Female Political Participation v662 is a good indep var, eliminated 663, the Guttman Scale on female power, v663, which would correlate strongly BY DEFINITION. VERY GOOD
- User talk:Qingzi Huang User_talk:Qingzi_Huang#results_of_round7 dep_var=FxCmtyWages
- User talk:Feng Hao the program doesnt run, therefor the data are fake. Not a good practice.
+ Higod4=v238 + PCsize2=sccs$v272, Error: unexpected symbol in: " Higod4=v238 PCsize2"
- User talk:Feng Hao Doug 09:27, 13 December 2011 (PST) you cannot have run this program because the my_sccs does not work.
- Other 12 of 27
- B User:Wei Wang COOL: RESTRICTED model User:Wei_Wang#results_of_round1 dep_var=SuperjhWriting Doug 12:51, 15 December 2011 (PST) you had an invalid ") at the end of restrict_vars so you could not have gotten these results with that error. But when corrected -- wise to have help! and I had seen the unrestricted results earlier -- the unrestricted and your restricted results match perfectly so you get full credit! Good going!
- A User:Xinxin Zhao dep_var 6 Watercraft
- B User:Zhaoyang Wu UNRESTRICTED dep_var=v238
- B User:Shuyan Ye dep_var v1189 Evil eye- RESTRICTED good model
- B User talk:Jianji Wu dep_var FxCmtyWages, one indep var V1819: Government, Political and Legal system: 5.2 Changes or
Implementation of Foreign Judicial System
- A User_talk:Jie_Xu#results_of_round7 dep_var=v68 FORM OF FAMILY (SEE 79, 80), monogamous to polygamous
- User:Pu Qi
- B User:Feng Hao dep_var v1189 Evil eye-
- User:Xue Han GOOD CHANGE - removed from "copy output" format Excellent unrestricted results - great progress. Your model was right
- User:Wen Jing GOOD CHANGE - removed from "copy output" format -- you and Xue Han seem to have identical pages - Who did the work?
- Possibly Bogus - but Xue Han's was ok, tho Wen Jing's was identical
- User:Yanzhao Long
- User talk:Na Li
- User talk:Yang Yang - Yang program - User: Yang Yang depvar 48 - late development of child's autonomy - Good
- User:Lin Ning